What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, refer to a friend or subscribe to our newsletter.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, surname, and gender, date of birth, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To serve our customers in the best possible way.
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To obtain feedback on a Deal you have participated in;
- Verification of your identity as a Member of the Website;
- To investigate any complaints relating to the misuse of the Website or misconduct in relation to the Discussion Board;
- Responding to any queries and/or comments you have sent to us;
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
- Give to our advertisers and business partners when we issue you a voucher for redemption with that advertiser or business partner;
- To process transactions (Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested).
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails (The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you required information, daily news letters, reminders, instructions for smooth transactions, and updates pertaining to your order.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. You may also email an 'unsubscribe request' to: email@example.com we endeavour to process all 'unsubscribe emails' as soon as practicable. In any event, all such requests will be actioned within five (5) business days. The quickest and simplest way to unsubscribe is by clicking the 'Unsubscribe' button.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private financial information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Note: We do not sell trade or rent your personal identifiable information. This does not include certain third parties:
- Who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or business partners, our advertisers, contractors, agents, principles;
- Any person or organisation involved directly or indirectly with our business, the products and services we offer (both ours and those of our business partners, advertisers and affiliates).
ADELAIDE BUSINESSES & SHOPS may release personal information under the following circumstances:
- in circumstances already mentioned above;
- Where release is required by law (for example, a subpoena) or regulation or is requested by a government agency;
- Where our records indicate a company or an individual may be engaged in fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices that a governmental agency should be made aware of;
- To appropriate persons, where your communication suggests possible harm to others.
HOW CAN I ACCESS, CORRECT OR UPDATE MY INFORMATION?
You can always access or modify the information and content that you provide to us. If you wish to access or modify personal information that you have provided to us, please contact us on contact us page or contact our Privacy Officer by writing to us at 237 North East Road, Hampstead Gardens, SA- 5086
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Content Providers, Advertisers and Partners
We do not control the practices of content providers, partners and advertisers connected with the Website and to whom you provide personal information whilst using the Website. Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
ADELAIDE BUSINESSES & SHOPS may provide you with a username and password to access the www.adelaidebusinessesandshops.com.au website or parts of it. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your username and password at all times.